Nov 18, 2011

Hello Redondo Beach!

Arriving 2 months ago already makes me an oldie at EF. But considering that I still have 4 months left relieves me. Because I still feel like I just got here, even though my adventure already is full of fantastic new people and tons of scrapbook-worthy memories.
I already have a Danish blog, mostly for my family and friends at home, so I will begin by telling you about my first 2 months and translating some of my Danish posts. My first day was rough – physically and mentally. Saying goodbye to my parents and 9 of my best friends in the airport caused some serious tears. My first flight to Amsterdam went fine, even though the man behind me smacked his lips constantly! And no, he didn’t do it while eating like every other normal human being; ironically enough it stopped when he got food! Extremely annoying but luckily the trip wasn’t long.
The flight to LA was unfortunately not any better. When I found my seat, my flight buddy used half of my seat for his elbow playing on his iPhone – and he obviously didn’t notice me, cause he didn’t move it an inch. Besides that I think he was slightly deaf, because the sound from his headphones was loud enough for me to follow his very noisy and violent movie! That’s why I couldn’t help giggling when the lady next to him spilled her drink on his pants :-)

The airport was a mess. Forgotten I-20 (stupid, stupid, stupid Nadja). Rude people. Crazy Americans. And a very lonely me. My first day was, in other words, enormous, confusing and tiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment