Jan 20, 2012

6 weeks left with EF

I especially love the chorus of this beautiful song!

4 months have now passed. 4 months with adventures and challenges; with happiness and laughter; with new sorroundings and changes. 4 months with amazing experiences and incredible characters. 4 months have passed way to fast. I now have 6 weeks left with EF and 2 weekds in beautiful Hawaii - and i intend to enjoy it as much as possible, even though I find it unbelievably sad. I don't think I will ever think about the word "time" as much as I do now. I count the days unconsciously - and not of the reasons you normally do, but maybe because that way I remind myself to appreciate every single one. I can currently not imagine coming back to the daily round - coming back to everything I left 4 months ago. I can't even imagine how I'm going to "settle down" again. Here I'm sorrounded by the same people everyday and it ties us together somehow, and leaving with the thought that I might not meet them again hurts. I have on the other side created a network dispersed over the whole world, which I hopefully will be an advantage in the future. I miss a lot of people back home, but I'm still not quiet ready to go home.

Lots of work-outs in the gym, delicious food at the Cheesecake Factory, Karaoke night and school is what my last week has contained. Today I face another work-out and the weekend will include shopping, the cinema and hopefully good food. We also have plans to go to a Lakers game soon!



1 comment:

  1. Nadja, I really like your blog! :)
    I can so imagine how you feel! It's awfull to know the end is comming.. and then you realize everything you have already done and you are still doing is such an amazing experience!! I had the same feeling my last weeks - it was so sad to know you have to leave the place you have made your home for a few months! :(
    Settling down at home again was not easily, but now I realize and all the beautifull things I've done and people I've met ! :) I really appreciate every moment to have spent there!!
    And also all the great friends you've made.. Don't think about saying goodbye, but know that you have made friendships all over the world for forever and that you're always able to meet again! :)

    And for your last weeks: ENJOY every moment!! It's so great you still have a cheesecake factory nearby, have the possibility go to the beach every day, hang out in Starbucks and go to EF, School of FUN;)!! Have lots and lots of great times, cause as I read there are nice activities comming up! :D

    XoXo Marieke

    ReplyDelete